THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Manager/Manager to lead Site Reliability Engineering in our Commercial Technology unit, which works on cutting-edge solutions that are leading Sysco’s digital transformation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leading and managing the SRE team, including hiring, performance reviews, and career development
- Developing and implementing SRE strategies and initiatives
- Working with enterprise engineering teams to ensure that Sysco’s Commercial Technology organizations software applications and services are reliable, performant, and scalable
- Monitoring and troubleshooting production systems, and being a key stakeholder in Sysco’s Major Incident Management and Problem Management processes
- Being responsible for effectively using enterprise tools available and when required, building and managing tools and automations to ensure smooth operations of production systems
- Collaborating with the Enterprise Observability team to improve the observability of applications and services
- Evaluating production applications capacity, health and performance on a continuous basis and taking proactive measurements to mitigate failures and downtimes
- Working with stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks to system reliability
- Staying up to date on the latest SRE practices and technologies and applying those where applicable
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in SRE, software engineering, or a DevOps discipline.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams serving an enterprise business.
- A deep understanding of the SRE principles and practices, such as defining & monitoring SLOs, chaos engineering, observability, postmortems, and automation
- Strong technical skills in Linux, networking, programming languages and cloud computing (AWS & GCP)
- A strong knowledge of software engineering practices and the ability to review code when required; understand incident RCAs
- Overall engineering experience in designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining infrastructure on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Previous experience working with Dynatrace or Datadog
- Experience with stream-processing open-source frameworks/systems (Kafka, Spark)
- Experience in working as a part of a geographically distributed team
- Must be a strong leader and communicator
- The ability to coach, build and motivate high-performing teams
- The ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders across a global organization
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.