THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Lead – Full Stack Development to join our team and contribute to the development of cutting-edge intelligent solutions for the world’s largest foodservice provider.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Researching and developing solutions primarily on AWS ML stack (Comprehend, SageMaker, etc.)
- Providing technical guidance to a team of 6 members
- Articulating technical decisions and solutions to both onshore and offshore teams
- Mentoring and grooming team members
- Designing and documenting software solutions
- Creating project estimates
- Ensuring engineering principles and related processes are adhered to.
- Providing constructive feedback to team members via code, design, and architectural reviews
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing production grade enterprise applications
- 1+ years of experience providing guidance to a team
- Full-stack experience with web-based technologies and concepts such as RESTful APIs, microservices, HTML5, Java, Spring, Node.js, React/Angular
- Industrial experience in building innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems would be an added advantage
- 2+ years of experience working in a Cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Exposure to DevOps practices
- A proficient understanding of agile processes, CI/CD, and code versioning
- tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with a variety of software patterns and principles
- The ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, communication skills and
- ability to exercise mature judgment
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.