THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a UI/UX Engineer who can think creatively and has an artistic eye for design, who can work closely with product, design and engineering teams that are developing enterprise-grade tech solutions that are revolutionizing the future of a global, trillion-dollar industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Developing UIs to support all major browsers and implementing UI standards.
- Analyzing the user experience by evaluating the business requirements/designs and providing feedback to come up with optimal UX solutions
- Working closely with members of the Product and Design teams to translate concepts into prototypes and assist engineering teams with the final implementation
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of UI frameworks
- Solid knowledge of responsive layout development with cross-browser support
- Experience in working with CSS preprocessors
- The ability to think creatively with an artistic eye for design
- An understanding of the latest design trends and their usages
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.