We are on the lookout for a mobile development expert to join our team of world-class engineers at Sysco LABS, the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. If you’re passionate about building solutions at scale and excel at leading teams to deliver innovation and quality, then we’re excited to offer you an opportunity to impact the future of a trillion-dollar global industry.
What awaits you:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
What you will be doing:
- Designing and developing enterprise-grade, mission-critical mobile solutions for one of the world's largest corporations
- Producing high quality, high stability code and designs by following software engineering best practices
- Leading engineers, reviewing designs, reviewing code, grooming engineers and helping them deliver on time and with quality
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- Being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from requirements analysis, design, development, QA, and deployment, troubleshooting, to post-production support
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 6+ years of experience developing production mobile applications and managing teams
- Mastery in either iOS or Android and experience with technologies such as RxSwift/Combine or RxJava, Coroutines, LiveData, Flows
- Experience with FRP (Functional Reactive Programming)
- Proven, hands-on experience in designing, developing and maintaining production mobile solutions in Swift or Kotlin
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS will be an added advantage
- The ability to appreciate backend architectures to which mobile solutions connect
What’s it like working at Sysco LABS?
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
We believe in working hard and playing hard. We’re innovative and driven, empowering and inclusive. Our culture promotes learning and collaboration, fun and personal development. We are a space where you can be your best self and aim for the stars.